25 Feb FACTS, BENEFITS AND DISCOUNT ON TEETH WHITENING PROCEDURE!
Most individuals are unaware that their teeth have pores and is capable of absorbing whatever you put in your mouth that has color. Wine, coffee, dark berries, and smoking are extremely active in staining the teeth. Over time, we observe that the natural color of our teeth becomes darker e.g yellowish, brownish etc due to these stains. What we don’t know is that these stains will never go away unless you actively remove them.
3 FACTS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT TEETH WHITENING
- Teeth whitening does not damage your teeth.
There is a misconception that teeth whitening procedure damages your teeth and this is absolutely wrong! The whitening process uses active ingredients to temporarily open pores in your teeth and lift stains. After each whitening session, your teeth naturally remineralize and rehydrate itself. Hence, there is no damaged caused to your teeth.
- Sensitivity after teeth whitening is normal.
This often result from genetics, thin enamel, or crack/damaged teeth. During and after the whitening process, it is completely normal for sensitivity to occur. This is because the teeth becomes temporarily dehydrated which reduces their ability to insulate the nerve from changes in temperature. However, Sensitivity will disappear 12-36 hours after the whitening procedure
- Not everyone’s teeth can be perfectly white
Regardless of your stains, the natural color (and genetic makeup) of an individual’s teeth are set at birth. The only thing a whitening product can do is remove all the stains that have accumulated over time.
BENEFITS OF TEETH WHITENING PROCEDURE
- Teeth whitening boosts your self-confidence. With teeth whitening, your self-confidence will skyrocket.
- Teeth whitening enhances your overall appearance.
- A professional whitening session at your dentist’s office will provide better, whiter, and more even results than your regular oral hygiene and addresses moderate to severe stains or discoloration.
- A professional teeth whitening procedure can give you whiter teeth in around an hour.
- A professional whitening can be customized to give you the precise amount of whiteness that you’re looking for and in the areas that you need it most.
- A professional whitening treatment is much safer and more comfortable because you have an experienced expert performing the procedure and monitoring the progress every step of the way. The amount and concentration of whitening agent can be adjusted, and your gums and other parts of your mouth are covered for protection.
- With professional teeth whitening, your brighter smile becomes a magnet. People are drawn to you, as a nice smile attracts people and makes bold positive first impressions.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH PROFESSIONAL TEETH WHITENING
In-office teeth whitening is not an altogether complicated procedure, but it does require skill to avoid injury to the gingival (gum) area. The procedure can take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes to complete.
There are several standard steps to performing an in-office whitening:
- Before starting, the dentist will make a record of the current shade of your teeth.
- Your mouth will be isolated with gauze to keep your teeth dry. Retractors may be used to keep your cheeks, lips, and tongue well away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier would next be placed along the gum line to further protect it from exposure to the solution.
- Next, the teeth would be coated with a whitening solution on the front surface only. The solution typically includes either hydrogen peroxide as the bleaching agent.
- Many whitening products require a curing light to activate the peroxide. Once applied, the solution would be left on the teeth for 30 minutes, or reapplied occasionally, depending on the brand.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached (or the maximum time has passed), the teeth would be rinsed. A fluoride application may be used to help ease any tooth sensitivity.
- Additional visits would be scheduled until the desired shade is reached.
Upon completion, you would be advised to avoid foods or beverages with a high level of pigment for at least 24 hours. These include coffee, tea, tomato sauce, tomato juice, yellow mustard, beets, black grapes, candies, and red wine. Smoking or tobacco of any sort would also be avoided.
We are currently running a 15% discount on our teeth whitening procedure and this is valid all through the month of February and is redeemable at any time.
Call us for further enquiries, appointments 07031951642.