As we age, a loss of collagen and elastin in our skin can lead to looser facial tone and the appearance of fine lines and creases. Losing this protein, combined with a natural loss of fat in the face, can hollow the upper cheeks and create heaviness above the jaw line (jowl) and around the chin (marionette lines), giving a tired and aged look.
What is Threadlift?
Thread Lift is a minimally-invasive treatment that lifts sagging areas of the face without the need for sedation or a hospital stay. It is performed under local anaesthetic and takes as little as one hour, with patients able to walk-out and return home a short while after.
Who needs threadlift?
* Sagging cheeks
*Deep lines and wrinkles
*Loss of facial volume
Benefits of threadlift
A thread lift can help
– Improve the appearance of sagging cheeks,
– Improve the appearance deep lines, wrinkles and forehead wrinkles
– Add volume to the face.
– Even offer jaw line redefinition.
What to expect.
Instant and long lasting results, minimal downtime, an increase in natural collagen production and no stitches required.
All make up will need to be removed prior to treatment, so please come ‘fresh faced’ if possible. We are happy to remove your make-up for you prior to treatment.
Alcohol, aspirin, Ibuprofen and a range of dietary supplements including; Vitamins C and E- may all contribute to bruising and are best avoided 24 hours before treatment.
Treatment cannot be administered if there is an active skin infection, including acne or cold sores or if you are unwell- including colds, coughs, sore throats etc.
What the procedure entails.
The procedure involves lifting different parts of the face using PDO threads without the need for surgical incisions.
A PDO Thread Lift uses cogged polydioxanone threads which is the same material used in medical stitches which dissolve naturally into the body over time.
Before your procedure you will have had local anaesthetic into the area being treated. A small entry point will be made usually near the ear and then fine threads are guided through the skin against the pre-marked contours of the face lifting your skin into a new position. New collagen will develop around the threads which work to keep them in place and provide natural support to the skin once the thread is naturally absorbed by the body.
PDO threads are designed to tighten and lift sagging skin and can help to lift the entire face. PDO threads are also particularly effective at adding definition and contouring the lower jaw, eyebrows, neck and cheek.
Result using PDO threads.
You will notice an immediate result after PDO Threads and this will continue to develop over time as new collagen is produced. The effects of a PDO Thread Lift can last from 10 to 18 months.
Downtime of threadlift.
Downtime after a Thread Lift treatment is minimal, but you may experience some very slight bruising or swelling in the days following your procedure and some mild tension in the areas that have been elevated.
You will be advised
- sleep on your back for 5 nights
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- No facials or facial massage for 10 days
- No extreme facial expressions for 2 weeks
- Application of anti-biotic cream as advised.
- To attend a review appointment as advised.
- to avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise, sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment. These activities have been found to increase and prolong swelling.
- Swelling may worsen in the first 24 hours, and then should settle within the first few days. Cold packs can be helpful in reducing swelling.
- Bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling goes down
NOTE:- It is highly advisable the procedure is completed by a qualified medical practitioner.