30 Jan Why You Need Vitamin B12 Shots
WHAT IS VITAMIN B12
Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin. The body requires this vitamin to work properly.
Vitamin B12 treats and prevents vitamin B12 deficiency, a condition in which vitamin B12 levels in the blood are too low.
Vitamin B12 can be found in foods such as meat, fish, and dairy products. It can also be made in a laboratory. It is often taken in combination with other B vitamins.
In the case of high level of vitamin b12 depletion, B12 level in the body can be enhanced, taking B12 shots, a form of injections taken in the arm muscle. Also B12 can be taken as oral supplements.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the proper functioning and development of the brain, nerves, blood cells, and many other parts of the body: DNA synthesis, energy production, nerve cell health, red blood cell formation, neurological function.
- Vitamin B12 helps with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease and slow aging. It is a good anti-aging vitamin.
- Boost in mood, energy boost, concentration, mental function, and the immune system.
- Beneficial in treating heart disease, clogged arteries and decreasing the risk of re-clogging arteries after surgery, helps with some diseases, diarrhea, asthma, allergies.
- Beneficial to those with vitiligo, and other skin infections.
Who needs B12 SHOTS?
1. Research suggests that vitamin B-12 deficiency affects a greater number of older adults than those under the age of 65.
2. Patients looking to lose weight as B12 shots aids weight loss.
3. Patients with vitamin b12 deficiency. Some common signs and symptoms include:
• Decreased cognitive function, such as issues with memory or understanding, when the body is unable to absorb vitamin B-12 properly.
• Fatigue, headache, and difficulty maintaining balance
• Lethargy, feeling faint and vision changes.
• Depression or irritability
• Increased heart palpitations
• Mouth ulcers and sores, swollen tongue, which may be pale yellow or very red.
• Paraesthesia (abnormal skin sensation (e.g., a tingling, pricking, chilling, burning, or numb sensation on the skin) with no apparent physical cause.
Interested in more information on B12 enhancing supplements and shots, available in the clinic? Please call us for further information on 07031951642.